animations

"Knowledge is a reflection of eternal light

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Questions about English Langauage in P.S.C Exams

Questions about English Langauage
1. When the teacher entered the class, the students………..?
A. Stood up B. stand up C. had stood up D. have stood up
Ans: A. Stood up
2. I wish I…………..how to make cakes.
A. know B.knew C.knows d. Knowing
Ans: B.knew
3. The bags are on the table
A. are they? B. Don’t They? C. aren’t they? D. Do they?
Ans: aren’t they?
4. In which part of the sentence is the mistake?
I/ Prefer/ Coffee/than tea
Ans: than tea
5. The Weather is ……. Hot
A. quite B. quiet C.qiuet d.queit
Ans: A. quite
6. Which is the correctly spelt word?
A. Posession B. possession C. possession D. possession
Ans: B. possession
7. If you lose the money, you…….in trouble
A. Could be B. Would be C. Will be D. Might be
Ans: C. Will be
8. The adjective of simplify is:
A. Simplicity B. Simply C. Simpling D. Simple
Ans: D. Simple
9. The noun of succeed is:
A. Success B.Sucs C. Successful D. Successfully
Ans: A. Success
10. He manages to live ……his small salary
A. by B. with C. on D. about
An: C. on
11……….is he upto?
A. Who B. What C. How D. When
Ans: B. What
12……….exciting the journey was?
A. Who B. What C. How D. When
Ans: C. How
13. We have been waiting………two hours.
A. for B. Since C. During D. along
Ans: A. for
14. There are too many boys……….the room:
A. in B. On C. by D. with
Ans: A. in
15. The antonym of honest is:
A. Unhonest B. dishonest C. nonhonest D. Mishonest
Ans: B. dishonest
16. The synonym of burden is:
A. loft B. loaf C. load D. lobby
Ans: C. load
17. The correctly spelt word is:
A. Stationary B. Staetionery C. Stetionary D. Stationery
Ans: D. Stationery
18. If I were a bird, I…….fly.
A. Will B. Would C. May D. Can
Ans: B. Would
19.”I am reading a book” is the active form of:
A. I am read by a book B. A book was being read by me C. A book is being read by me D. A book has been read by me
Ans: C. A book is being read by me
20. The thief……..before the police arrived
A. escaped B. was escaped C. has escaped D. had escaped
Ans: D. had escaped

No comments:

Post a Comment